Similar jobs like this one
INNOVATIVE AND DEDICATED?
WE WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT YOU
Head of Product Management, Underground Drilling
Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is a business area within the Sandvik Group and a global leading supplier of equipment and tools, parts, service and technical solutions for the mining and construction industries. Application areas include rock drilling, rock cutting, loading and hauling, tunneling and related digital offering solutions. In 2021, our sales were approximately 41 billion SEK with about 15,500 employees within continuing operations.
Underground Drilling Division within Sandvik Mining and Rock Solutions is an industry leading global provider of various drilling solutions for underground mining and construction tunneling industries with focus on technology development and future innovative solutions to enable sustainable operations for our customers.
We are now looking for a new Head of Product Management to lead us to the next level within our journey forwards via more intelligent drilling automation and digitalized product offering and safer and more sustainable future via electrification. This is a global position with unique possibility to set your fingerprint to the technological industry standards and best practices in underground mining and construction.
You will be part of the Underground Drilling R&D and product line management team and responsible for ensuring the competitive edge of our product offering in both long- and short term- perspectives. Your will lead a team of dedicated and highly professional product managers through coaching and embracing the best practices among various areas within product management, such as successful commercialization of new ground- breaking technologies to the industry, building up spectacular marketing case studies of our products, product mix harmonization to support our supply chain optimizations and acting as a true spokesperson of underground drilling product line towards both internal and external stakeholders, such as sales areas and our customers.
Your main responsibilities include
- Acting as inspirational and supportive team leader for a group of product managers
- Product vision and strategy ownership including product line roadmaps
- Customer and industry trends follow up, anticipation and influence
- Technology trends monitoring and related steering towards engineering and technology development organizations
- Product portfolio strategic planning and continuous management to meet business objectives and keep products competitive in the markets
- Competitor’s offering monitoring and benchmark
- Product profitability follow up and control as per division growth and profitability targets
- Provide sales support within strategic and/or large size sales deals
- Product line spokesperson in on various interest group meetings, conferences and trade events.
Your background and what we find important
Passion to lead and to take a proactive approach in “getting things done” while maintaining good team collaboration with internal and external stakeholders will ensure your success within this role. You enjoy working in an international business environment and have solid communication and presentation skills to establish instant credibility and a good sense of trust.
The specific requirements in this position are:
- University Degree in engineering, business- or relevant field
- At least 5+ years of experience in mining, civil construction and/or other heavy industry space
- Several years of experience in various stakeholder management roles and responsibilities
- Product management, business development, or (product) engineering experience
- Strong communication, presentation, customer service, business, and negotiation skills
- Ability to build strong working and cross collaborative relationships across all levels of the organization
- Willingness to travel globally
- Fluent English language skill
What is in it for you?
We offer you a challenging and interesting role in a truly international environment with great opportunities for your professional development and growth. In addition, we offer good employee benefits and inclusive corporate culture focused on sustainable development, with values such as Innovation, Fair Play, Customer Focus and Passion to Win. At Sandvik, we believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better environment for our employees, our business and, thereby, our customers. Visit our Solid Ground stories hub, LinkedIn or Facebook to get to know us better.
For further information about this position, please contact: Johannes Välivaara, Vice President, R&D and Product Line, Underground drilling +358 40 758 2909
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact HR Services Finland, tel. +358 800 1 44444.
Want to join our team?
Please send your application and CV in English including salary request home.sandvik/careers by Wednesday 5th October, 2022. Your application should consist of an introductory letter including your salary request and your CV (in English). When applying, please make sure to also attach your cover letter when asked to upload your CV. Job ID: R0045429.