Sr. Product Designer - Remote or in-house
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to either join our Copenhagen-based team, work remotely within CET +/- 1 hours or a mix of your own choosing. We would love someone who has worked in a couple of different places (around 5 years or more of experience), tried on different team-sizes, and a couple of business contexts. Someone experienced with the product-centric approach, understands that Why becomes before What and can turn that into a UI and UX experience.
Familiarity with remote work is a plus as a lot of our team is spread throughout Europe.
Important: Remote applications are required to be within Europe to allow for enough overlap during day time.
Why should I be interested?
Did you know that 90%+ of all goods globally are transported by container carriers and terminals, with the largest container vessels being 400 meters long and able to transport 23K+ containers at a time - which sometimes accidentally blocks the Suez channel :)
Portchain is a cloud-based AI software, empowering container carriers and terminal teams to collaborate, analyze and design operations plans to get container vessels through terminals faster and more efficiently. Lower cost. Faster planning. Better outcomes
In all of this you will play a big part in turning real world problems into solutions our users understand. We will be relying on you to help build up our Product Design team and how we work. So if you ever wanted the chance to apply your own experience to a role, this is it.
What would you do?
You would be our guiding light when it comes to turning vision into a powerful digital experience. You are in charge of creating and iterating on all the design related artefacts like mock-ups, user journeys, designs, etc and will collaborate closely with product and engineering while working on these.. We don’t believe in siloed pixel-perfect PSD handovers, but a common approach where we work together to achieve the result we want.
Some of what you will be doing:
- Collaborative creation of designs for our web-based tool
- User understanding, research and UX thoughts for our product - Be the user advocate and source of knowledge
- Analyze research data and make it digestible for your colleagues
- Flow and story mapping to help to people around you an understanding for what we want to user to experience
- Help our sales people with the occasional marketing content
- Using collaborative tools like Figma and setting up our Design System, you will help us work more efficiently, so we all can spend time on what matters
- Visual design skills for when our Design System isn’t enough or we need to extend it
How do you operate?
We have a few core values that govern how we work as a team:
- Product-centric: We always keep focus on the problems we need to solve, rather than the tech we need to build. “Why?” is our go-to question.
- Strong Product teams where the Product Manager, Product Designer and engineering team own the domain together. So you will be in the middle of driving a product area forward.
- KISS principle: We are not colonizing Mars, so we have no need to invent our own special solutions. We want to leverage existing components and be guided by simple rules, even if our domain can sometimes be complex.
- Embrace flexibility: We have a majority of remote colleagues, and actively support your right to have a personal life. Remote work, flexible hours, and accommodating our team members’ needs is at the core of our team identity.
- Diversity FTW: Diverse team members enrich our experience and create more holistic solutions, period. Whether its age, gender identity, cultural or ethnic background, your unique subjective experiences - and the perspective they bring - is something we highly value.
You will be joining together with our current designer and will form the backbone of our Design team, which is also planned to grow even more over the next 12 months.
Product Designers come in all sorts of variants and we don't want to be to narrow with our requirements, so we've tried to keep it simple with the requirements.
- Around 5 years of experience or more
- Hands on experience with user research and UX work
- Visual design skills and knowledge how to apply design systems
- Good communication skills, incl. professional level English or higher.
- Within +/- 1 hour of CET time zone
- Technical understanding or skills, where you at minimum can speak fluently with developers and maybe even do a bit yourself.
What do I get at Portchain?
Competitive salary, flexible working environment, lunch (if in CPH), five 5 weeks of holiday, get togethers with remote colleagues several times a year and smart colleagues that help you be better.
A culture that encourages organic growth, with opportunities to expand and switch your context as you grow. To help this, there is also a budget and time set aside for your own career and skill development..
There is clearly more to a job than “where do I sit” - It’s about culture, it’s about social connections. It’s about helping each other become productive team members. That is why the Portchain employee journey is a journey of growth. As the company grows, we want you to grow, contribute and develop with it. We take pride in each individual contributing in their own distinct way - it is not just about where you are, but also where you want to go in your career - we want to go there with you!