Junior Hardware Design Engineer
IQM is the European leader in superconducting quantum computers, established in Espoo, Finland. In two years, we have grown to 250+ employees and have established subsidiaries in Germany, Spain, France and Singapore. We build quantum computers for research laboratories and supercomputing centers. For industrial customers, we deliver quantum advantage through our unique application-specific co-design approach.
We build world-leading quantum computers for the well-being of humankind now and for the future.
Are you a tech- savvy enthusiast with an interest in crafting cutting-edge solutions in the field of quantum computer control electronics? We are now in the look for a Junior Hardware Design Engineer to strengthen our team! This role is a great opportunity to embark on a rewarding career in hardware design engineering. Don't worry if you don't have all the skills in your back pocket yet because you will get to collaborate with experienced professionals and tackle exciting projects together.
What will I be doing?
- PCB schematic design with Altium Designer
- PCB layout design with Altium Designer
- Component choices
- Frequent communication with HW designers and other experts in the team
- Communicating and working with HW Design sub-contractors
- Prototype verification and debugging in the laboratory environment
- Problem solving and re-working on prototype HW
- Participating in daily/weekly meetings coordinating the teamwork
- Sub-system design documentation
- Sub-system test plan preparation
- Work documentation and tracking with Jira
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years experience working with commercial products in the industry
- Bachelor in Technology or Master in Technology
- Willingness to participate in the development of the HW design practises and processes
- Experience in HW designs including high speed (> 10Gbps) digital interfaces
- Experience on designing multilayer mixed signal PCBs with state of the art HW design tools, preferably Altium Designer
- Knowledge on the different manufacturing technologies for the multilayer PCBs and the component assemblies
- Knowledge on schematic level simulation tools, such as LTspice, PSpice
- Experience in prototype characterisations and test planning to evaluate the performance against requirements
- Effective communication skills in English and a good team player
- Self-starter and capable to work autonomously on a specific part of a design
- Capable of adapting in a dynamic working environment
- Experience in working within a team consisting of experts from different areas of engineering
- Good PCB re-working skills
- Experience in using the usual HW measurement equipment
- Experience in project management tools such as Jira
What can I expect from IQM?
- A great opportunity to perform world-class R&D and implement cutting edge technology
- Cutting-edge manufacturing and laboratory infrastructure
- Sufficient financial backing for ambitious projects
- An opportunity to work with a passionate and diverse team on an important mission
- A unique opportunity to make a real impact on the future of quantum
- Growth and progress in a creative and open start-up environment
Meet our people and hear more about IQM by visiting our Youtube channel here >>
We'll proceed with the interviews immediately, so please submit your application soon.