Product Owner, Logistics systems
Fortum Recycling&Waste provides recycling and material efficiency services, environmental management and hazardous waste treatment in the Nordics.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Owner for logistics systems at Fortum Recycling and Waste business area. You will play an important role liaising between business and IT, ensuring development meets the user needs and bring business understanding into our digital development.
You will be part of our Product Owner team where we drive our technological development from business side. We are part of the Operational Excellence unit. The Product Owner team manages and maintains our development backlog, and ensures new features are deployed and trained in the organization.
As a Product Owner, you will be the link between IT and business across different business lines. You will work closely with our end users, enabling functions and business management located across the Nordic countries. The position is located in Espoo or Riihimäki.
In this position you will have a major role in enabling Recycling & Waste growth, improving process efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Understand business needs and opportunities that arise from various source – industry development, changes in regulations and legislation, business development
- Capture feature requests into the backlog and formulate high quality business requirements
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders in different business lines
- Creating and aligning the development roadmap with key stakeholders
- Ensure implementation and training of new features
- Participate in projects in area of expertise
This is an opportunity for you to support a growth business in the rapidly changing business of recycling and waste business, with fit for purpose digital tooling.
The greatest challenge of our time awaits you. To drive the change for a cleaner world, we need to reshape the energy system. To reach our goal, we embrace a culture of openness. With mutual trust, believing in people, and taking care of everyone's wellbeing, we can reach even better results. Flexibility is the new normal and we apply hybrid way of working wherever possible.
For you, working at Fortum means exciting opportunities to develop your expertise and create a meaningful career. We will support you on this journey. We believe diversity and inclusion inspire all of us to innovate and grow together. Therefore, we are committed to building teams where everyone feels included and is treated equally.
What we are looking for
- You have 1-2 years’ experience from IT development work, preferably in an agile setting. You are comfortable in working both in project mode, and advancing continuous development.
- You are a collaborative personality with good communication skills. You are able to drive development and have a deliver & serve mindset.
- You are able to identify business challenges and convert those challenges into system requirements and concrete deliverables.
- MSc or BSc degree within business and economics, IT, digital services, e-commerce or similar educational background is preferred.
- You are fluent in English and Finnish. Swedish is considered as an asset. This position is based in Finland.
- Knowledge of logistics business is a benefit.
Submit your application via the link by 26th of March 2023 at the latest. If you would like to hear more about the position, please contact Digitalization lead Tania Kerbs, by phone +358 50 401 6551 or through e-mail [email protected].
To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
Fortum is an energy company driving the change for a cleaner world. Our role is to ensure the security of supply and a fast and reliable transition to a carbon-neutral economy by providing customers and societies with clean energy and sustainable solutions. Fortum’s core operations are located in the Nordics and consist of CO2-free power generation, electricity sales, district heating as well as recycling and waste solutions. Fortum's share is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.fortum.com
Fortum synnyttää merkittävimmät negatiiviset vaikutuksensa tai käyttää resursseja liittyen kasvihuonekaasupäästöihin ja pienhiukkas- ja kemikaalipäästöihin, luokassa Ympäristö.
Nettovaikutusprofiilin on mallintanut Upright Project. Profiili perustuu tieteellisen tutkimuksen ymmärrykseen erilaisten tuotteiden ja palveluiden vaikutuksista. Profiili kertoo mihin asioihin sinäkin olet mukana vaikuttamassa tämän työpaikan kautta. Lisätietoa Uprightista löydät täältä.