Fortum Recycling & Waste is rethinking recycling and leading the way towards a revolution of materials. Our mission is to transform waste streams back to essential raw materials. We enable the circularity of materials through solutions to our customers’ environmental and waste challenges. Fortum Recycling & Waste has operations in the Nordics, the UK and Rwanda consisting of environmental waste management services, hazardous waste treatment and operations and maintenance expertise for powerplants as well as material recycling services including solutions for batteries, plastics, metals, and ash and slag waste streams across Europe.
About the role
We are looking for a R&D Project Manager to join Fortum Recycling and Waste business unit’s R&D Team and to strengthen our capabilities in developing new material recycling and waste management solutions. You will be a part of a R&D Team which is working closely together with the whole Recycling Waste BU in order to develop and offer sustainable waste management and recycling services and provide sustainable raw materials for industries.
As a R&D Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Coordination, planning and implementation of different size business and customer driven R&D projects (e.g. hazardous waste treatment, plastics recycling, metals)
- Budgeting, reporting and documentation of your own projects
- Cooperation with customers
- Cooperation with our external partners, e.g. research organizations and other project subcontractors
- Participating in and further developing R&D networks in defined public projects and programs
To succeed in this role, we expect you to have previous experience in project management and industrial R&D processes as well as interest in the material recycling and recovery processes.
As a suitable candidate you are required to have:
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Material, Environmental, Chemical or Process engineering or Chemistry or similar
- Knowledge in environmental technology, material technology and chemistry
- Understanding in technical economical evaluation and business models
- Innovative mindset and structured way of working
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good networking skills both externally and internally
For you to stand out it's nice to have:
- Industrial background in work history
- Knowhow for external funding e.g. previous experience in public funding sources
- Fluency in written and spoken Finnish
In addition you are a proactive person and willing to move things forward. You are independent with own tasks but enjoy working with others and like to contribute with your competences and skills. We value your ability to develop and implement new ideas towards testing, piloting and commercialization.
The position will be based in our Riihimäki or Espoo office. The job requireds travelling mainly in Nordics.
We offer you
This role will give you the possibility to grow professionally and deepen your understanding of the material and waste recycling value chain. Joining a team of experts mostly in Finland and Sweden, you will have the opportunity to create a large network, both internally and externally. In the R&D organization you will be working with experienced colleagues in recycling and waste treatment solutions. In your daily work, you will also be in close contact and co-operate with Recycling and Waste Business Lines, Operations and Sales organizations.
Submit your application by 25th of September at the latest via our recruitment tool. If you would like to hear more about the position, please contact Reetta Anderson, R&D Manager Finland, by e-mail [email protected] or by phone +358 40 747 4246 during Thursday 7.9. at 14 - 16 or Tuesday 12.9. at 14 – 16 (EET).
Salary To define
Fortum synnyttää merkittävimmät negatiiviset vaikutuksensa tai käyttää resursseja liittyen kasvihuonekaasupäästöihin ja pienhiukkas- ja kemikaalipäästöihin, luokassa Ympäristö.
Nettovaikutusprofiilin on mallintanut Upright Project. Profiili perustuu tieteellisen tutkimuksen ymmärrykseen erilaisten tuotteiden ja palveluiden vaikutuksista. Profiili kertoo mihin asioihin sinäkin olet mukana vaikuttamassa tämän työpaikan kautta. Lisätietoa Uprightista löydät täältä.