Competitive Intelligence Analyst
Seize the opportunity to join a rapidly growing business with meaning! If you are looking for a position with great responsibility and possibility to make an impact towards sustainable growth – this is for you. Fortum’s Wind and Solar Business Area is responsible for the development and construction of wind and solar projects. Our aim is to grow especially in our home market where conditions for wind power are excellent. Wind and solar power play a crucial role in decarbonization of our societies.
Department & Team
The Engineering & Technology department (E&T) takes responsibility for the engineering of all solar and wind projects of Fortum, and acts as the technical center of excellence for project development, construction, operations, technology outlook and RDI (research, development and innovation) activities.
As one of the three teams in the E&T-department, the Technology and Innovation (T&I):
- Takes ownership of cost and technology outlook for wind, solar and hybrid systems (i.e. BESS, H2)
- Develops and maintains relevant internal and external networks for cooperation within RDI
- Is accountable for the Business Area RDI budget and project funneling, evaluation and coordination
- Acts as a point of contact to Fortum corporate ventures and innovation teams.
We focus on having a high team spirit within the team, in the E&T department as well as within the entire Wind and Solar Business Area. We also act according to DEI (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) principles such that we strive to increase diversity in the team, that all team members are treated equally, and everyone’s opinion and input are valued and highly encouraged.
About the role
As our wind technology and innovation manager you complement the existing solar expertise in the team with your strong wind expertise.
You will become our key expert from wind point of view in delivering the team’s main task of providing industry leading technology and cost outlooks for wind, solar and hybrid systems (i.e. BESS, H2), and communicating its findings for example at international fairs or seminars.
You will also become a crucial part of the team in its RDI function of coordinating, funneling and evaluating RDI project flow.
All this involves creating and maintaining internal and external RDI related networks together with the other team members and exploring new and emerging technologies especially related to wind but also hybrid systems.
Besides working as part of the T&I team, to fulfill your role, you will also be tightly working with other relevant teams within Fortum, such as innovation and ventures and market intelligence.
With these tasks you are contributing to creating a strong competitive business advantage and organizational learning.
You will report to the Head of Technology and Innovation.
What are we looking for?
- You are passionate about renewable energy and energy transition
- You hold MSc or similar education; PhD or similar education is a plus
- You have deep technical understanding of and at least 10 years of experience in wind energy technologies assessments and evaluations, and in cost outlook work
- Experience of BESS and H2 technologies is seen as a benefit
- You have good understanding and preferably experience in RDI function and have worked with wind RDI projects
- You hold proven track record of executing highly demanding tasks targeted and on time
- You have an eye for details, but ability keep the big picture in focus
- You are proactive with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and are equipped with business acumen and understanding of the needs of the involved stakeholders
- You are a team player with outstanding communication skills and adapt easily to a dynamic working environment. You excel in collaboration independent of professional backgrounds.
- You are an open-minded individual with a good sense of humor and appreciation of cultural differences. You care about your own holistic wellbeing.
- You speak and write English fluently; your other language skills, especially Finnish and/or Swedish are an advantage
You have the ability and willingness to travel internationally.
Green transition and climate change are the greatest challenges of our time. The purpose of Fortum is to drive the change for a cleaner world. We are securing a fast and reliable transition to a carbon-neutral economy by providing customers and societies with clean energy and sustainable solutions.
To accomplish this, we need to reshape the energy system but also to embrace a culture of openness. With mutual trust, believing in people, and taking care of everyone's wellbeing, we believe that we can reach even better results. Flexibility is the new normal and we apply a hybrid way of working wherever possible. This includes flexible working hours and possibility for remote working in general.
For you, working at Fortum means exciting opportunities and support to develop your expertise on a journey to create a meaningful career. We believe that diversity and inclusion forms the basis to innovate and grow together. Therefore, we are committed to building teams where everyone feels included and is treated equally.
We also think that innovative ideas thrive with encounters and crossings. Thus we provide you with a work environment where projects and work-tasks vary and include collaborating with new people with diverse backgrounds also in an international setting. To enhance the power of community in the midst of flexible working, we offer lunch gathering once a week as well as other gatherings.
We provide our employees generous health & wellbeing benefits. Holistic approach to wellbeing is part of our culture and visible for example through our global Energise Your Day program. The program provides support to employees, offering ideas and tools for self-management, stress management, recovery, nutrition and physical activity. We also offer Epassi culture and sports benefits and an excellent gym and group sports at our modern office in Espoo.
Submit your CV and cover letter, with salary expectations, through our online recruitment tool at the latest on March 19th, 2023. We will review the applications as they are received, so please submit your application as soon as possible. If you would like to hear more about the position, please contact Marja Ahonen by email at [email protected]. Please include message subject “Technology and Innovation Manager, Wind – your name” while emailing.
For contact with Swedish union representatives, please call +46 8 671 70 00.
Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä
Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf
To be selected for the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and a health examination including drug testing.
Fortum is an energy company driving the change for a cleaner world. Our role is to ensure the security of supply and a fast and reliable transition to a carbon-neutral economy by providing customers and societies with clean energy and sustainable solutions. Fortum’s core operations are located in the Nordics and consist of CO2-free power generation, electricity sales, district heating as well as recycling and waste solutions. Fortum's share is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.fortum.com
Fortum synnyttää merkittävimmät negatiiviset vaikutuksensa tai käyttää resursseja liittyen kasvihuonekaasupäästöihin ja pienhiukkas- ja kemikaalipäästöihin, luokassa Ympäristö.
Nettovaikutusprofiilin on mallintanut Upright Project. Profiili perustuu tieteellisen tutkimuksen ymmärrykseen erilaisten tuotteiden ja palveluiden vaikutuksista. Profiili kertoo mihin asioihin sinäkin olet mukana vaikuttamassa tämän työpaikan kautta. Lisätietoa Uprightista löydät täältä.