Similar jobs like this one
Business Technology drives digitalization at Fortum, enabling smart solutions for customers, improved asset and trading productivity, and new data driven business models. The organization brings together technical and digital competences and solutions to help optimize Fortum’s entire value chain, create excellent customer experiences and drive new sources of revenue.
About the role
We are looking for a Solution Architect, Productivity Solutions to join our Business Support & Digitalisation function’s Asset Management group that supports Fortum businesses around power plant operations and asset management.
Your main focus area as Solution Architect will be designing and developing our solutions in the areas of Operational Technology (OT), related site IT infrastructure and asset management solutions combined with data flows based on e.g. AI/ML services to create additional business value. Position can be located either in Espoo or Stockholm.
In your role, you will:
- have technical responsibility of designing and leading the implementation of solution architecture and integrations
- seek technology options in close collaboration with Enterprise Architecture team
- bridge business demand with technology in collaboration with your colleagues
- support development of application portfolio
- develop roadmaps for the products together with business owners
- be responsible for the design and development of the named solutions and products
- drive development projects to meet the business demands
- provide and implement the best solutions to businesses
We are working closely together with business and other technology teams to deliver business value. We have a strong desire to continuously develop our business.
You will be working with a small team of technology and application experts in the Assets domain. Our team is responsible for development and maintenance of the solutions related to our power production fleet. Digitalization is not just a word for us, it is part of our DNA. Development is delivered through cross functional teams consisting of members from other competence teams in Business Technology.
With us, you can take an active role in driving the change for a cleaner world. To reach our goals, we embrace a culture of openness. With mutual trust, believing in people, and taking care of everyone's wellbeing, can we reach even better results. Flexibility is the new normal and we apply hybrid way of working wherever possible.
For you, working at Fortum means exciting opportunities to develop your expertise and create a unique career path. We will support you on this journey. We believe diversity and inclusion inspire all of us to innovate and grow together. Therefore, we are committed to building teams where everyone feels included and is treated equally.
What we are looking for
We believe in our team and want that everybody working with us has the same desire to develop our products. Product development mindset is essential for us and we work hard and take pride to find the best solutions for our business.
We are looking for a good combination of experiences, skills and desire from:
- interest in power plants and the energy sector as a whole
- experience in finding the optimal solution for each business need taking into account the overall application architecture
- knowledge on Operational Technology (OT) systems and the related IT Infrastructure
- experience on data communication technologies/standards/protocols (e.g. Kepware, OPC, MQTT)
- experience of managing (agile) technology development together with business and technology teams
- good understanding of technology capabilities and proactively researching for new solutions
- good communication skills, ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- communicating fluently in English
- university level degree in IT or Engineering or similar relevant education
Please send your application via our online recruitment tool. For further information, please contact Markus Ylänen, Service Manager, Productivity Solutions on Wednesday 1st December 12.00–12.45 EET or Friday 10th December 12.00–12.45 EET by phone +358 41 501 6897 or email@example.com. Please apply as soon as possible, as we start contacting suitable candidates right away and the position will be filled as soon as the right candidate is found.
Finland spesific informatio: to be selected for the position, the candidate must go through background clearance and a health examination, including drug testing.
Sweden spesific information: For contact with Swedish union representatives in Fortum, please call +46 8 671 70 00. Fortums Akademiker: Per Kenttä Unionen: Birgitta Henriksson, Torbjörn Graf
At Fortum we drive change where it matters. We are a European energy company providing our customers with electricity, gas, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. Together with our subsidiary Uniper, we are the third largest producer of CO2-free electricity in Europe. With around 20,000 professionals and activities in more than 40 countries, we have the competence and resources to grow and to drive the energy transition forward. We strive to make an impact through a culture of open leadership, curiosity and continuous improvement. Do you want to take an active role for a cleaner world? Come lead the change with us! www.fortum.com
Fortum creates its most significant negative impacts or uses resources in greenhouse gas emissions and particulate and chemical emissions, in category Environment.
What is impact profile?
The net impact profile was modeled by the Upright Project. The profile is based on scientific research's understanding of the effects of various products and services. The profile tells you which things you are involved in influencing through this job. You can find more information about Upright here.