LUT Business School is looking for a professor of digital marketing and analytics.
LUT Business School's mission is to educate research-based and responsible business professionals in an inspirational learning community rooted in a university of technology. Our vision is to be internationally recognised for our impact on sustainable business renewal – enabled by new technologies and entrepreneurial spirit. The School's research and education are characterised by an entrepreneurial, global and sustainable mindset and our core strength is close collaboration with the business world combined with strong theoretical, analytical and methodological expertise.
The professorship strengthens and complements the competences of LUT Business School's existing research groups by focusing on digital marketing and marketing analytics. The position is situated at the assistant/associate professor levels of the tenure track and will be filled through an open call for a fixed term of four years. The tenure track system offers a possibility to advance to a full professorship.
The field of the professorship includes, for instance, the following themes:
- marketing analytics
- quantitative research methods in marketing
- digital marketing
- analysing and measuring marketing effectiveness.
We are seeking a highly motivated early-career candidate who can present strong international research merits in any of the above-mentioned areas. We especially emphasise merits in marketing analytics and quantitative methodology skills in marketing. The candidates are expected to be able to teach and supervise students especially in the Master’s Programme in International Marketing Management (MIMM) but also at the bachelor’s level.
Candidates are required to have a doctorate, research and teaching merits, proof of effective research and the acquisition of external research funding, and international experience. Practical experience in the field is not a requirement in this position, but it is considered an advantage. We value documented experience in successful teaching and instruction in a multicultural environment. Spoken and written fluency in English is required.
The duties related to the field of research include the following:
- international high-impact research
- preparation of national and international research and education projects
- planning and implementation of undergraduate and postgraduate education
- supervision of final theses and postgraduate studies
- increasing awareness in a way that serves industry and the economy
- taking part in the preparation of projects in other LUT units as an expert
- general administrative work related to the operation of the university.
The appointment process description explains the qualification requirements and tenure track appointment criteria.
All application documents must be in English and in PDF format. The application must include:
- a curriculum vitae (max. 10 pages)
- a copy of the candidate's doctoral diploma
- a full list of publications including the candidate’s Web of Science, Scopus and Google Scholar details: the Web of Science ID, Scopus ID and Google Scholar profile URL, the total number of publications, the total number of citations, and h-indices
- a separate list of the 10 publications selected for expert evaluation
- full-text PDFs of the 10 publications mentioned above
- a teaching portfolio or an equivalent account of the candidate’s teaching qualifications
- an account of the candidate's merits and activities of significance to the vacancy (max. 3 pages)
- an account of the candidate’s vision on the development of education, research and projects in the field of the professorship at LUT University (max. 3 pages).
Please specify the tenure track level applied to. The work will start with a six-month trial period on LUT’s Lappeenranta campus.
The salary is determined according to the salary system for university teaching and research personnel. The pay will include an individual pay component based on performance and competence. The annual gross salary for an assistant/associate professor amounts to 48 300 – 65 000 euros depending on the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
The closing date for applications is 28 December 2023 at 15:00, Finnish local time (UTC + 2 h). Please submit your application by filling out the online form.
For further information, please contact Professor Liisa-Maija Sainio, +358 40 515 4944, [email protected].
Read more about LUT Business School.
LUT University | Clean energy, water and air are life-giving resources for which we at LUT University seek new solutions with our expertise in technology, business and social sciences. We help society and businesses in their sustainable renewal. Our international community consists of nearly 8 000 members. Our campuses are in Lappeenranta and Lahti, Finland. We are the world’s ninth best university for climate action. lut.fi/en
Technical support for using the recruitment system: [email protected].