We seek a highly skilled and motivated data engineer to join our team. You will use various methods to transform raw data into useful data structures. You will build and maintain the infrastructure and tools needed to collect, process, store, and analyze large amounts of financial data, ensuring that the data is accurate, reliable, and accessible. You’ll create algorithms and conduct statistical analysis.
Vinter’s mission is to institutionalize crypto. We create and calculate complex and high-performant investment strategies used in financial products worldwide. Our customers are some of the most successful crypto funds in the world, and our investors are some of the most well-respected in the industry. We recently raised a $3.4M Series Seed and are looking to build one of the greatest teams in our industry.
Since our incorporation in 2019, we’ve been listed as a top European startup. Our team is a diverse group from over eight countries, speaking 13 languages.
- Develop and maintain Vinter’s data lake infrastructure
- Develop data validation processes
- Automate calculation processes
- Analyze and organize raw data
- Build ETL processes
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling
- Build algorithms and prototypes
- Participate in on-call duty
- Combine raw information from different sources
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability
- Identify opportunities for data acquisition
- Collaborate with data scientists and architects on several projects
- Automate data distribution
Requirements and skills
- 5+ years experience as a data engineer
- Technical expertise in data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Fluency in Python and Django
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design
- Strong understanding of ClickHouse, TimescaleDB, and PostgreSQL
- Great numerical and analytical skills
- Based in North or South America
- Fluency in English
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or a similar field
- Data engineering certification
- Experience with Docker, Github, Dash, Grafana, and ELK Stack
- Experience with Cython, Numba, and Jit
NB. Vinter will hire you through our entity in the UK and Sweden. In other countries, we hire using a global payroll provider as a contractor.
Vinter is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. Accordingly, it is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law.