Do you want to make a difference and work with technological innovations that improve oral health care around the world?
Planmeca Oy is a global leader in many fields of health care technology, with products distributed in over 120 countries worldwide. Our product range covers digital dental units, world-class 2D and 3D imaging devices, as well as comprehensive CAD/CAM and software solutions. Our strong commitment to R&D and close collaboration with health care professionals and leading universities are behind the success of our innovations.
We are seeking motivated and inventive software and research professionals for several open positions of
As a member of the Algorithms team in our Research and Technology department, your work will focus on developing and implementing new classical or deep learning-based algorithms in medical and dental 3D X-ray imaging. Your responsibilities will include keeping up with the latest developments and publications in the field; defining new research problems; and testing new methods using data obtained from our X-ray imaging devices.
In cooperation with the team, you will also be implementing elegant and efficient algorithms in Python or C++ in order to solve various research problems and implement the solutions into our systems. In addition, you will be doing your part to ensure that the necessary documentation is produced in line with the applicable medical device regulation.
- Suitable master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g., computer science or applied mathematics
- Solid experience in C++ or Python
- Readiness to absorb new knowledge and literature in computer science, mathematics, and physics
- Innovation, willingness to learn, and an ability to complete what you have started
- Good communication skills in English
Preferred experience in some of the following areas:
- Machine learning, especially deep learning
- Reconstruction and correction algorithms in the context of medical imaging
- Experience with image processing
- Designing and implementing computationally intensive algorithms
- CUDA or OpenCL
- Methods related to handling and registering point clouds and surfaces
- We also appreciate a PhD degree or other academic work in a relevant field.
We offer you:
- Versatile, interesting, and challenging assignments working with some of the most advanced technologies and products in the dental and medical industries
- Comprehensive induction and the support of a motivated and highly skilled team
- Opportunity to improve your expertise in high technology
- Permanent position in an industry-leading and constantly growing family business in the field of health technology.
For more information, please contact Dr Ari Hietanen, Research Manager, Algorithms (tel. +358 40 706 4171 or email ari.hietanen (a) planmeca.com).
Please submit your application and CV with a salary request by 16 October 2023. Do not hesitate to apply – applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Planmeca synnyttää merkittävimmät negatiiviset vaikutuksensa tai käyttää resursseja liittyen niukkaan osaamispääomaan ja kasvihuonekaasupäästöihin, luokissa Tieto ja Ympäristö.
Nettovaikutusprofiilin on mallintanut Upright Project. Profiili perustuu tieteellisen tutkimuksen ymmärrykseen erilaisten tuotteiden ja palveluiden vaikutuksista. Profiili kertoo mihin asioihin sinäkin olet mukana vaikuttamassa tämän työpaikan kautta. Lisätietoa Uprightista löydät täältä.